Since 1900 we have been serving the banking needs of Fayette County. While we are the oldest locally-owned bank in Fayette County, we stay on the forefront of banking technology and continually add products and services that meet our customers’ needs. We take pride in being a locally-owned community bank with sound risk management practices and superior financial strength and stability, and we are committed to staying that way. Our employees live here, work here, and our banking decisions are made here.
Fayette County National Bank supports the growth of the communities we serve by focusing our attention on the needs of local families and businesses, as well as offering support to local schools, churches and non-profit organizations that are an important part of our community. When you put your money in Fayette County National Bank you are helping your friends and neighbors develop small businesses, finance college, purchase homes and build financial security.
Fayette County National Bank - Serving Fayette County yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
As a strong community bank, it is the intention of Fayette County National Bank to serve the market area with diligence, trust, and fairness and to provide every feasible convenient service that a community bank can provide for both corporate and consumer relationships…
The bank’s most important asset is its customer base. Without customers, we are nothing. Our products are designed to meet the needs of our customers, our hours are set to meet the needs of our customers, and our employees will be hired and trained to meet the needs of our customers. High quality customer service is the true mission of this bank.
History of Fayette County National Bank
- May 5, 1900 - The "Fayetteville National Bank" was organized
- August 6, 1900 - The Bank opened its doors for business
Officers and Directors of the bank in 1900
Morris Harvey, President
J. Tyler Grose, Vice President
Joseph S. Hill, Cashier
T. L. Walker
H. A. Robeson
Charles W. Dillon
- 1906 - The Bank built its current three-story stone structure, and the bank was renamed "The Fayette County National Bank of Fayetteville"
- June 19, 1907 - The Bank added a Savings Department to its services
- 1973 - Main Bank walk-in/drive-thru facility was constructed
- October 1982 - The Fayetteville Express Bank was opened for business
- February 1985 - A full service branch office was opened in Oak Hill
- July 1994 - A full service branch was opened in Ansted
- August 6, 2000 - The bank celebrated its 100th year in business
- December 2005 - Secondary Mortgage Group office open for business
- January 2006 - Internet Banking with bill payment service was added